[afnog] MPLS traffic ....

ibtisam jamal ibty.jamal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 09:24:26 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have a scenario where by point A and point B have 2 links .
link 1 =fiber(1STM1)
link 2 = Microwave (2*STM1)

The fiber link is the primary link and the microwave is the secondary.

Traffic on the fiber is reaching 99% utilization ,i was wondering if there
is a way ,to configure the mpls such that when utilization on link 1
reaches may be 90% ,additional traffic moves to link 2.Because we do not
have possiblility of getting a second fiber anytime soon.

label-switched-path A_B {
    to 10.87.0.1;
    least-fill;
    fast-reroute;
    primary A_B_Prim {
        admin-group include-all redf;
    }
    secondary A_B_Sec {
        admin-group {
            include-all red;
            exclude [ green blue purple yellow ];
        }
    }
    secondary A_B_3rd {
        admin-group {
            include-any [ green blue purple yellow ];
            exclude red;
        }
    }
}