[afnog] Afnog2012: data in room

Geert Jan de Groot GeertJan.deGroot at xs4all.nl
Sat May 5 22:22:05 UTC 2012

For people travelling to the meeting in Serekunda:
The Kairaba hotel does not provide data (wifi nor wired) to the room.

Obviously the conference area has been 'well lit', but currently
there is no infrastructure to connect the hotel rooms.

The hotel rends 3G dongles but obviously is not set up for a group
like ours and is likely to run out fast.

The short is that if you absolutely need data in your room, you should
consider bringing a 3G dongle. We have SIMMs, we don't have dongles.

Or just consider using the conference network in the conference centre.

Geert Jan