[afnog] https through NAT

Hervey Allen hervey at nsrc.org
Fri Oct 5 15:59:56 UTC 2012

On 10/5/12 12:45 PM, abel ELITCHA wrote:
> yes, i'm facing an issue;
>
> i can't access my web server using https (ssl/tls2) through a NAT from
> the internet.  The navigator (i'm using most of the time google-chrome),
> is giving the error "*la connexion au serveur a été interrompue*" -
> meaning "*the connection was stopped*".
>
> In addition the response time from a ping command is betwen 2000 and
> 2900 milliseconds (too long for me, isn't??).
>
> thank for your help.

On the machine where you are running the web server is there a firewall
blocking port 443? For instance, if you are using CentOS/RHEL you may
have iptables with rules that are allowing traffic to port 80, but other
traffic is blocked.

Cheers,
	- Hervey Allen

> 2012/10/5 Jean-Baptiste OTTE <aristotte at gmail.com
> <mailto:aristotte at gmail.com>>
>
>     Yes.
>     Are you facing an issue with ?
>
>     Best Regards,
>
>     On Oct 3, 2012 5:23 PM, "abel ELITCHA" <kmw.elitcha at gmail.com
>     <mailto:kmw.elitcha at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         HELLO GUYS,
>
>         Can you tell me please if the https protocol can efficiently
>         work through a Network Address Translating???
>         Thank you in advance!!
>
>         --
>         *Abel Woatéba ELITCHA
>         *

> --
> *Abel Woatéba ELITCHA
> *système d'informations

Hervey Allen      Network Startup Resource Center
hervey at nsrc.org   http://nsrc.org/ : http://facebook.com/nsrc.org
GPG Fingerprint:  AC08 31CB E453 6C65 2AB3 4EDB CEEB 5A74 C6E5 624F