[afnog] https through NAT

Geert Jan de Groot GeertJan.deGroot at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 5 20:31:39 UTC 2012

On Wed, 3 Oct 2012 16:20:13 +0000 abel ELITCHA wrote:
> Can you tell me please if the https protocol can efficiently work
> through a Network Address Translating???
> Thank you in advance!!

You basic question, as answered by others: yes, it can work.

It would help us answer your question, though, if:
A. you would share the URL or hostname with us;
B. Share the output you see for a command like:
	openssl s_client -connect www.nsrc.org:443
   You'll need to replace www.nsrc.org with the hostname you're having
   trouble with, and it may look like openssl will hang sometime -
   just send quit<enter><enter> and it will exit.

Geert Jan