[afnog] https through NAT

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Wed Oct 10 17:28:55 UTC 2012

--- kmw.elitcha at gmail.com wrote:
From: abel ELITCHA <kmw.elitcha at gmail.com>

really it was an issue on the firewall - not enough permissions defined on
it! - I've configured a default rule with all ports and protocols accepted
from anywhere (i've only authorized tcp port 443 by the past) and
everything seems okay!
this bother me a little but for the moment it's ok the service is online!

The way to solve this is to look in the firewall logs at what's being
denied and why.  You can then open a rule for only that and still protect
your network by denying everything else.  By configuring "a default rule
with all ports and protocols accepted from anywhere" you have effectively
removed the firewall from the network.  It's as if the firewall doesn't
exist.

scott