[afnog] Existance of a cisco 48 ports 10GBE and 4 uplink 40GB fiber

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Oct 24 09:02:30 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:06:28 AM Makan SIMAGA
wrote:

> I finally choose a 4500X series switch for my
> distribution and core layer. Thank you
> very much for your help.

Good to hear.

However, please note that this isn't a typical edge switch,
so 802.3af won't be available. If you need PoE, you'll need
something else.

That said, as a core switch, the 4500-X is excellent -
small, powerful and multi-rate (1Gbps or 10Gbps).