[afnog] IPv6 Progress

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Aug 1 15:53:26 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 11:41:07 AM Seun Ojedeji wrote:

> > What you have shown is the status of v6 in the country,
> > my response to
>
> Mark was to explain why i think user growth will not
> necessarily move operators to v6.

And like I said, don't expect pressure from users until your
RIR runs out of IPv4 space.

> Hmm...thats news to me. So the scenario is that i wake-up
> early and pray that once i connect my dongle, it picks
> up a public IP, what a game of luck ;)

Try the "unrestricted" APN. It's meant to provide you with
public IP addresses. I've never used it as I've never needed
to.

You could ask your local networks whether they can add
support for the "unrestricted" APN, if they are so inclined.

> > And why ain't the operator who from your explanation
> > are willing to
>
> deliver public down to a normal subscriber not applying
> to get enough space that will go round?

They would have to tell us.