[afnog] OSPF vulnerability in multiple Cisco products

Phil Regnauld regnauld at nsrc.org
Fri Aug 2 08:32:08 UTC 2013

Seun Ojedeji (seun.ojedeji) writes:
> > Another good reason to run MD5 auth (or IS-IS) :)
> >
> +also perhaps also another reason to consider other vendors ;)

	True - it was mentioned on a NOG discussion channel how the OSPF
	spec doesn't require the Link State ID and the AR (advertising router)
	fileds to match when a router receives an LSA (trying to find the source
	of this statement), but some vendors actually do verify this.

	I recommend the use of a tool like Loki if you want to audit OSPF
	activity:

	http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/auditing-layer-3-routing-protocols-loki-way