[afnog] www.afnog.org and IPv6

Hervey Allen hervey at nsrc.org
Thu Feb 14 17:13:35 UTC 2013

:-)

Yup - Your afnog.org system admins are painfully aware of this.
Afnog.org was brought up to a new version of FreeBSD - when this
happened ipv6 reachability broke. Your email is timely as we've been
working on this issue the past few days. The fix is in place, but we are
waiting for a maintenance window to implement it.

Cheers,
	- Hervey Allen

On 2/13/13 6:39 PM, SM wrote:
> Hi Mukom,
>
> I read your article at wp.me/pgRjA-38  Does the example below qualify as
> "poor goal-setting on the part of a project manager or coordinator"?
>
> ;; QUESTION SECTION:
> ;www.afnog.org.                 IN      AAAA
>
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> www.afnog.org.          7340    IN      CNAME   afnog.org.
> afnog.org.              7353    IN      AAAA    2001:42d0:0:300::10:33
>
> * About to connect() to www.afnog.org port 80 (#0)
> *   Trying 2001:42d0:0:300::10:33...
>
> * Connection timed out
>
> Regards,
> -sm

Hervey Allen      Network Startup Resource Center
hervey at nsrc.org   http://nsrc.org/ : http://facebook.com/nsrc.org
GPG Fingerprint:  AC08 31CB E453 6C65 2AB3 4EDB CEEB 5A74 C6E5 624F