[afnog] RE : .TZ DS records in root zone

Ebnou Med El Moustapha ebnoum at eljawal.mr
Wed Feb 20 13:54:51 UTC 2013

Hi,
congratulations ...

Ebnou
De : afnog-bounces at afnog.org [afnog-bounces at afnog.org] de la part de Miku, E. Cornelius [miku at habari.co.tz]
Date d'envoi : mercredi 20 février 2013 10:01
À : Ntahigiye Abibu
Cc: AfNOG
Objet : Re: [afnog] .TZ DS records in root zone

Another step forward, Congratulations team!

and keep it up

--
Miku
[http://habari.co.tz/images/logo.jpg]

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Ntahigiye Abibu <abibu at tznic.or.tz<mailto:abibu at tznic.or.tz>> wrote:
Hello all,

On behalf of .tz management team, PAC (Board) and all Tanzanians, we thank
you so much for the congratulatory messages following what TZ has attained
in terms of securing its registry (dnssec deployment).

The .tz success is the whole Internet community's success following the
support we obtained from various institutions of which most of you belong.

In summary, the success has been a result of expertise obtained from various
capacity building initiatives including the following:
1. AfTLD trainings - AROC, IROC and SROC, the packages jointly developed by
ICANN, ISOC and NSRC for ccTLDs capacity building in Africa;
2. AfNOG trainings (In Rwanda, Gambia, Tanzania, etc);
3. Special DNSSEC training by NSRC during the ICANN meeting in Senegal;

PLUS individual support from Phil Reginald, Joe Abley, Alan Aina (All from
NSRC), Patrik Wallstrom from .se and many others whom I can't easily recall;

The DNSSEC deployment and Root Servers scaling (F-root hosting) are among
the activities in the strategic plan that we have so far accomplished.

The .tz technical team is ready and willing to share the experience and in
fact it has already started (with .ZM).

Way forward is the localization the AfNOG in TZ through tzNOG for effective
branding of .tz and more registrations. We do believe and hope that you will
continue supporting us.

Sincere regards

Abibu
Admin Manager (.tz)