[afnog] Use of BitTorrents in Academic Environments

Mihamina Rakotomandimby mihamina at rktmb.org
Tue Feb 26 11:46:29 UTC 2013

On 02/26/2013 02:38 PM, Simon Vass wrote:
> As a rule, I generally try and also avoid blocking in favour of other
> bandwidth management methods such as per host throttling, what about
> allowing torrenting in evenings when I presume your usage is less?

I also first limit per host in here.
I also "connlimit" so that people torrenting with too much peers are
limited.

Finally, as I have not a modular bandwidth from my ISP, I prioritize:
there are some VIPs LAN hosts, with high priority, then low priority
ones. When VIPs dont use the BW, low prio eat it all. When VIP are
there, VIP are first.

I use tc & iptables [...] --classify

--
RMA.