[afnog] Use of BitTorrents in Academic Environments

david aliata aliatadavid at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 13:11:38 UTC 2013

Hi Amon,

If you are using Cisco gear you can configure traffic policing for bit
torrent traffic.

Regards

Aliata David

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Chris Wilson <chris+afnog at aptivate.org>wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> On Tue, 26 Feb 2013, Yusif Okai, Vodafone Ghana wrote:
>
>  If you have tools that can restrict bandwidth available per application
>> then you could consider granting BitTorrent a limited pipe.
>>

> Those tools are available for free here:
>
> http://oer.aptivate.org/wiki/**KBT/BMO_Training_Timetable#**
> Tuesday_9th_2009<http://oer.aptivate.org/wiki/KBT/BMO_Training_Timetable#Tuesday_9th_2009>
> http://bwmo.net/
>
> Cheers, Chris.
> --
> Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 967 838
> Future Business, Cam City FC, Milton Rd, Cambridge, CB4 1UY, UK
>
> Aptivate is a not-for-profit company registered in England and Wales
> with company number 04980791.

Regards!

Aliata D.
"I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or
the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the
brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all".
Ecclesiastes 9:11