[afnog] VPLS on C6500

Christian M chrismuhirwa at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 28 13:04:19 UTC 2013

Hello Mark,

As c6500 support only 4-Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet and 2-Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet ES+ cards (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/data_sheet_c78-643759.html), this could turn out to be more expensive. As I need more port density, I'm thinking to use 7600-SIP-400 (I had previously made a mistake mentioning SIP-600) with Cisco 10-Port Gigabit Ethernet Shared Port Adapter (as its the one with the highest port density supported by c6500 http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps6267/product_data_sheet0900aecd804d884d.html).

Thanks for your feedback.

Christian