[afnog] IPv6 Progress

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Jul 30 15:37:29 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, July 30, 2013 03:06:02 PM Seun Ojedeji wrote:

> One thing is that we have manufactured for ourselves more
> reasons to relax and stick with v4. Most of such reason
> within 2 specific aspects; - lots of v4 availability
> - Security
>
> So the question is, how do we change those perspectives;
>
> How can we "force" people to v6 in a friendly manner? ;)

It's unfortunate that places where IPv4 has run out from the
RIR's already are pushing for new ways to keep IPv4 last
longer; but that would be a natural way to get folk in
Africa to turn up IPv6 soonest, as it will be easier to
speak the same protocol with folk who are now only able to
receive IPv6 allocations.