[afnog] mail blacklisted

Raymond Macharia rmacharia at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 07:44:32 UTC 2013

Hi
Check your mail queues for signs huge number of mails coming from your
network that your server is relaying. it could be another mail server or a
compromised PC that is sending out the spam.
You need to remove the offending machine, ensure the sending has stopped,
then request the  RBL(s) that have blacklisted you to remove your server
from the list. Check if it is only your server in the black list or the
entire IP subnet
You may also want to be vigilant on what your users are sending out.
Finally, also check your server to ensure that its not an open relay

Raymond Macharia