[afnog] AS Path transparency on Route Server

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Jun 19 12:33:19 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:29:00 PM Regardt van de Vyver
wrote:

> - 0.0.0.0/0 propagation from eBGP to iBGP does not happen

Can you please give more detail on this issue?

> - Route cache bug - on occasion routes will get 'stuck'
> in the Mikrotik - see
> [http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=57781&st
> art=50]

I've read the thread on this, and that is a nasty bug.

"Route cache" reminds me of the old forwarding paradigm when
Cisco started making routers. Aren't Mikrotik using prefix-
based route look-ups, unless they use the term "cache" like
a misnomer the same way Juniper use "per-packet load
sharing" when they actually mean per-flow?

> Other than that its a great product ;-)

My confidence wavers for now, Regardt :-)...