[afnog] Call for Nominations for the 2013-2015 PDWG Co-Chair position
ernest at afrinic.net
Thu May 2 20:59:33 UTC 2013
We are seeking nominations for 1 co-chair of the Policy Development
Working Group (PDWG) for a 2-year term.
PDWG co-chairs are a group of volunteers selected by the community
(PDWG) per the current Policy Development Process (PDP) whose
responsibilities are as follows:
1. Chairing policy meeting sessions and declaring consensus.
2. Creating post-meeting policy reports and posting to the mailing
3. Sending notifications of Last Call and evaluating consensus or
4. Writing reports to the board to recommend ratification of policy
proposals that gained consensus.
5. Evaluating emergencies that necessitate varying the normal policy
6. Creating reports (summaries) of mailing list discussions in
preparation for face-to-face meetings.
Nominated candidates must be from the AFRINIC community and cannot
be AFRINIC staff. Candidates can be nominated by anyone, excluding
AFRINIC or other RIR staff, and must reside in a country within the
AFRINIC service region.
To nominate a candidate, please send an email to the Nominations and
Elections Committee (nomcom2013 at afrinic.net) with the following
(A) Information of the Nominee:
• Nominee (Full Name):
• Organization name (or Affiliation):
• E-mail address:
• Postal/Physical address:
• Phone number:
• Country of residence:
• Brief Bio with a highlight of how the Nominee intends to
contribute to the PDWG in particular and the Region's Policy
Development Process (PDP) in General (not more than 500 words):
(B) Information of the Nominator:
• Nominator’s Name:
• E-mail address:
• Motivation for nomination: If self-nominated, please indicate
"self" in section (B) above.
More about the AfriNIC Policy Development Process:
More about the AfriNIC Election Process:
The nomination deadline is 26th May 2013 2359 UTC.
Sent on behalf of the Chair, 2013 Nominations Committee (Nomcom)
More information about the afnog