[afnog] OID value

Anibe Onuche a.onuche at nixp.net
Wed Nov 13 13:14:51 UTC 2013

Hello all

Was able to get the OID value through SNMPwalk.

anibe at hawk # snmpwalk -v 1 -c public 196.2xxx.xxx.xxx | grep
iso.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8.258
/iso.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8.258 = INTEGER: 2/

The Integer value 2 shows that ifOperStatus  is down. i.e the port is
not operational.  1 shows it is up

1 : up
2 : down
3 : testing
4 : unknown
5 : dormant
6 : notPresent
7 : lowerLayerDown

Source
http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?objectInput=1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8.&translate=Translate&submitValue=SUBMIT&submitClicked=true

All I have to do is implement a nagios plugin (check_snmp) to send a
notification if the integer value = 2

Thanks

--

Anibe Onuche