[afnog] Bridged Access Network

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Oct 9 13:01:49 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, October 09, 2013 02:36:42 PM Vincent Mwamba
wrote:

> We have configured broadcast storm control on access
> ports which helped resolve the issue, We are waiting for
> equipment to deploy in major high sites to push layer 3
> to them.

Happy days :-).

> We also putting a PPPoE concentrator for services which
> terminate directly onto the access switchports.

I'd normally recommend DHCP (some industry folk call it
IPoE) for subscriber management in broadband scenarios, just
because it's simple. But some others still do PPPoE as well,
and your access node would need to understand a couple of
DHCP Options anyway, the most common of which is Option 82.