[afnog] Telecom Namibia 20459 36996

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Thu Sep 5 03:33:16 UTC 2013

Hello Telecom Namibia,

It seems you are advertising prefixes (maybe of former customers) which you
are receiving from upstreams to your other upstreams.

I see AS_PATH like this: .... 174 20459 36996 36996 16637 10474 37100 ....
This is also causing a bit of flapping and dampening and I believe packets
going bad. Can send the prefixes and more specifics directly. Please
contact me for more info.

We don't believe you really _want_ to pass packets to your network that
noone pays you for - and you pay your upstreams.
It's probably a good idea to update some filters.

Thanks,
Frank