[afnog] MONITORING WIRELESS APs AND USERS

kwami odaye robertanas at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 12 07:59:32 UTC 2013

Hi Ali,
did you make an VPN to secure the trafics?

OR

 De : Ali Abdullahi <ali.abdullahi at nils.gov.ng>
À : "afnog at afnog.org" <afnog at afnog.org>
Cc : Richard Kwalmi <richard.kwalmi at nils.gov.ng>
Envoyé le : Jeudi 12 septembre 2013 6h23
Objet : [afnog] MONITORING WIRELESS APs AND USERS

Hello everyone,

In our organization here, we have quiet a number of Cisco APs that give wireless service to users with hand-held devices and laptops and we have about 3 buildings which of course all have the cisco APs installed. So those APs are all hooked up to a cisco wireless controller in which we manage the APs from a GUI. My question is, is it possible to monitor people that are connected to the wireless using the cisco wireless controller...maybe if there is any config to do to monitor anyone connected to the APs for effective monitoring? if yes how should it be then and if no then are there any ideas or suggestions on what to do to monitor them?.

Thank You