[afnog] I would be interested in Cisco (and non-Cisco) Config Management Scripts - RE: AS filtering question

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Sun Sep 15 20:37:04 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-15, at 15:28, Nishal Goburdhan <ndg at ieee.org> wrote:

> you can find some really useful management foo here:  http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog26/presentations/stephen.pdf

What we mainly tried to get across in that tutorial was that there's
nothing wrong with writing quick and dirty scripts to answer questions
about your network quickly -- in fact, an operator who is accustomed
to working that way quickly finds herself to be more comfortable with
and informed about the network than if she only had more general tools
at her disposal.

The examples in the presentation are very network-centric, but the
principles apply equally well to systems and services. Network
management is a state of mind :-)

It's good to see people still getting mileage out of it, after all this time.

Joe