[afnog] IPv6 in Africa: common questions and best answers

Alfred AROUNA alfred.arouna at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 12:53:59 UTC 2014

Hi all.

Some of us are accustomed to being asked on different kinds of questions
about IPv6. Many of those questions are repetitive. We (as IPv6
evangelist or not) considers some as stupid and some very smart. For
each of these questions, we try to answer as best as possible. In
addition, our response to common question depends on the person asking
the question.

Exist there any document, a guide for best answers to follow? If not, my
goal is to consolidate common questions and better answers in a kind of
IPv6 questions/answers cheat sheet specific to Africa. As explain above,
question may be considered stupid, but answers have to be as best as
possible.

All propositions are welcome. Even if like me you did not have all the
time correct answer to question like:
Q: Why do i have to implement IPv6, since in IPv6, everything is public
but i can still use private IPv4 to protect my network ?
A: This is a BIG  misunderstanding. You can also use private address in
IPv6. And NAT is not about protecting your network.

Regards

--
Alfred Arouna