[afnog] Frozen emails

Chris Wilson chris+afnog at aptivate.org
Tue Jan 14 16:31:05 UTC 2014

Hi Ryan,

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014, Ryta Kashemire wrote:

> So my inbound server is running courier.

I am not familiar with Courier MTA, but perhaps someone else here is.

> I have checked the mail.warn logs and i get something similar to whats
> on my outbound server.
>
> ----------------------
> Jan 14 17:14:31 pop courieresmtpd: error,relay=::ffff:41.190.128.53,from=<declan at travelcare.co.ug>,to=<fred at travelcare.co.ug>:
> 511 Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?41.190.128.53
> ----------------------
>
> Correct me if am wrong but this looks like a spamming issue...

It does appear so at first glance. But your IP address is NOT listed on
Spamcop, as you saw yourself. Your mailserver (pop.imul.com) clearly
thinks that it is. Therefore the problem is on pop.imul.com.

It might help if you showed us the Courier configuration file from
pop.imul.com.

> I have also run the "courier show all" command which lists all E-mail
> addresses currently blacklisted but no ip comes up.

It's not an email address blacklist, it's a (faulty) RBL issue.

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 967 838
Citylife House, Sturton Street, Cambridge, CB1 2QF, UK

with company number 04980791.