[afnog] BGP

Saul saul at enetworks.co.za
Mon Jul 21 15:58:16 UTC 2014

Hi

We have an interesting situation with one of our peers that I am not sure
how to deal with. (And no, de-peering from them isn't an option)

On average we get about 380-400 prefixes from them. But on a daily basis
they flood us with prefixes from them - well in excess of double that. I
have a max prefix set to 650 and their session still get taken down -
twice today already! I have a warning threshold, but it just goes to max
and then down again..

I know that these guys aren't great, their announcements aren't the same
everywhere and they aren't very communicative.

Any suggestions as to what to do to protect myself?

I have thought of dampening, but my understanding of that is for routes
that flap - not extra routes

Regards,

Saul Stein

Technical Manager