[afnog] FW: Operators and the IETF Survey - closing 30th June 2014

Kevin Chege chege at isoc.org
Wed Jun 18 08:41:49 UTC 2014

Apologies for cross posting:

-----------------

The Internet Society "Operators and the IETF" survey

<https://internetsociety2.wufoo.com/forms/operators-and-the-ietf/>

has now been open for several months and we are happy to say that we have gathered
an impressive amount of feedback.

We would first like to thank everyone who has completed the survey! We
appreciate your valuable insight!

At the same time we need to ask those operators who have not yet responded
to take few minutes and tell us through the survey your ideas and
thoughts, your burdens, issues, fears, and frustrations. Anything holding
you back from actively (or more actively) participating in IETF process.
Even if you¹ve never participated in the IETF at all, we need to hear from
as many network operators as possible!

We plan to close the survey on 30th of June. Once the survey closes we
will work diligently to synthesize everyone¹s input. The result of our
synthesis will be an IETF Internet-Draft. Our ³Operators and the IETF² I-D
will describe the results of the survey, the reasons and issues that are
keeping network operators from fully engaging in the IETF. The I-D will
also provide the suggestions we¹ve heard from network operators on how to
start removing these barriers and get more participation and feedback from
the global network engineering community back into the IETF
standardization process.

So, please, this is our last call ­ take the survey and please also spread
the link to your fellow network operators, in your NOG, on social media,
or wherever! The short link to send around is: http://bit.ly/opsietfsurvey
<http://bit.ly/opsietfsurvey>

Thank you very much for your cooperation and participation!