[afnog] ISOC ION Africa and ISOC SPAM Workshop at the AIS in Djibouti - 2nd June 2014

Kevin Chege chege at isoc.org
Thu May 29 10:05:28 UTC 2014

Greetings everyone,

VENUE: Palace du Peuple (room to be confirmed)
DATE: Monday, 2nd June 2014
TIME: Starting from 12PM
We would like to call your attention to activities on Monday, 2 June, during the Africa Internet Summit.

Following the AIS opening ceremony (scheduled for Monday morning), we will hold an ION Conference at the Palace du Peuple where we will discuss IPv6, DNSSEC, and the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF). ION Conferences bring network engineers and leading industry experts together to discuss emerging technologies. More than a simple lecture series, ION events provide hands-on interaction with our speakers so you walk away with the answers you need to deploy new standards and technologies in your own networks.

More information on the ION Conference is available at http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/ion/djibouti2014/.

Following the ION Conference, we will hold a workshop called "Combating Spam - Technical Options for Spam Mitigation and Network Management". This tutorial will offer network operators and ISPs an opportunity to hear from experts from within Africa who manage spam mitigation processes within their networks. The tutorial will also highlight bulk email best practices and network management options. The session will provide a forum for collaboration and exchange of spam mitigation techniques, best practices, information, tools, techniques, and strategies that address problems related to spam or unwanted forms of electronic communication that may contain malware, botnets, and phishing within Africa.

We sincerely hope you can join for the interactive and informative sessions. Information on the exact rooms where the events will take place and registration will be confirmed later today.

Thank You

Kevin G. Chege
ISOC