[afnog] IPv4 Allocations by Length Statistics for 2014

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Nov 6 07:26:57 UTC 2014

On Thursday, November 06, 2014 09:09:47 AM Adam Nelson
wrote:

> I'm not sure if country data should be relied on.  If a
> Kenyan ISP launches a Tanzanian subsidiary with a /20,
> the allocation will still probably look like it's from
> Kenya as far as Afrinic is concerned.  That seems to be
> the thrust of many discussions on here - we don't really
> know where these assets are being deployed.  Or maybe
> I'm wrong?

This is a valid point.

SEACOM, for example, are primarily registered in Mauritius,
but also have in-country operations within Africa.

What we do is home the aggregate to Mauritius, and register
the longer prefixes to their specific country as needed.