[afnog] What are the major challenges in enabling Services to run on IPv6?

Phil Regnauld regnauld at nsrc.org
Tue Oct 28 11:31:04 UTC 2014

Andrew Alston (Andrew.Alston) writes:

> Further to this, it is far cheaper to implement V6 as the
> infrastructure is expanded than have to go back and retrofit, if we
> don't do it now, we'll be facing a HUGE bill later when we're forced to
> do it anyway

	Bang on. And find tools that allow you to deal with v4 and v6
	address space at the same time: use object groups in firewall
	rules/ACLs, adding AAAA to DNS, etc... This goes a long way to
	not minimize the number of places where one has to do double
	the work.

	By the way, RFC7381 is out, and it's worth a read.

	https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7381

    "Enterprise IPv6 Deployment Guidelines"