[afnog] What are the major challenges in enabling Services to run on IPv6?

Malick.Sy at swisscom.com Malick.Sy at swisscom.com
Tue Oct 28 11:38:00 UTC 2014

Andrew,
Thanks very much for the facts about what is going on in 4 African
countries or 0.07 percent of the continent(Rwanda, Kenya, Uganda and
Tanzania.) Hopefully, this level of deployment will eventually reach the
remaining 50 countries or the 99 percent of Africa that is not on your
current list.

I am a member of a number of NOG mailing lists, the AfNOG one is the only
one that resonates with self-righteousness and “people blowing their own
trumpets”.
If we could look past the labels, name calling and self importance and
stay focused, and maybe address more than 0.7 percent of a customer base,
before jumping on a soap box, we will be in a much better posiiton vis a
vis technology, economics, finance, farming, every domain that I can think
of.

My original statement was asking for the compelling use case for
prioiritizing v6 deployments “to the access layer” in Africa. I have not
yet read one. Thanks for your inputs though. Much appreciated

Best Regards,
Malick Sy
Sr. Network Engineer

Swisscom (Switzerland) Ltd.
Hospitality Services
2, chemin du Pavillon
Case Postale 2200
CH-1211 Genève 2

Desk Phone:+41 227 407 585
Cellular Phone:+ 41 794 426 765
Fax Number: +41 227 740 7542
Internet: www.swisscom.com/hospitality
This message contains confidential or privileged information and is
intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you
must not use, copy, disclose, forward or take any action based on this
message or information herein. If you have received this message by error,
please advise the sender immediately and delete this message.