[afnog] AMS-IX concerns

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Wed Oct 29 15:27:53 UTC 2014

Hi Adam,

according to
https://eastafrica.ams-ix.net/connected_parties
there are 4 peers connected (IXP NOC not counted).

if one or two of them occasionally see better routes (not via IXP) to
destinations at one or two of the other peers, something like this can
easily happen imho.

It look like it happens quite often, and doesn't last long, so routes are
unstable. Generally not good. that happening only during work hours I would
guess one (or more) humans are part of this - ie not because of saturation.
My _feeling_ ....

only participating networks, or route server operator are really able to tell.
(Oh, and I heard: one of the participants is doing a network upgrade)

Frank