[afnog] [rpd] Re: A typical case of abuse of our resources!!!

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 17:44:59 UTC 2014

Hello Omo and Koffi,

This was dealt with in Djibouti. Is it a different case?

http://internetsummitafrica.org/images/AIS14_assets/powerpoint_template/IPv6/policy.afrinic20-5.pdf
Slide 23.

Sunday.

On 19/09/2014 18:12, Omo Oaiya wrote:
> On 19 September 2014 16:20, Sunday Folayan <sfolayan at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> Dear Koffi and Omo,
>>
>> I am not holding brief for any applicant or hostmaster, but if a
>> request comes, that shows that an LIR can, and will allocate a
>> /12, you want AfriNIC to allocate a /22? Is that the
>> interpretation of 8.3? to wit:
>>
>> <BEGIN 8.3> AFRINIC shall apply a slow start mechanism to all new
>> LIRs. With respect to allocations made by AFRINIC, the first
>> allocation an LIR receives will be the size of the minimum
>> practical allocation described in Section 8.2 (a) unless
>> otherwise justified. The slow start policy is used by all RIR's
>> to prevent allocations of large blocks of address space that may
>> then remain substantially unassigned. AFRINIC implements the slow
>> start mechanism in a consistent and fair manner for every LIR,
>> and will apply the same principles and standards to every
>> applicant for address space. <END 8.3>
>>
>> What about the last clause ... "unless otherwise justified?". Are
>> you saying that: o Applicant did not provide justification o
>> Applicant provided justification but was not ok with hostmasters
>> o Applicant provided justification and it was ok o Applicant
>> provided fraudulent justification o None of the above.
>>
>> Omo's email further gives nuances to some preferential actions,
>> apart from previous accusations of corruption. What exactly are
>> we dealing with?
>>

> Sunday,
>
> No nuances of any sort.  Simple questions from a member seeking
> clarity. You are in a better position to answer or get these
> answers for us. Please help respond to them so we move on.
>
> Omo

- --
Sunday Adekunle Folayan
    blog: http://www.sundayfolayan.name.ng
   email: sfolayan at skannet.com.ng, sfolayan at gmail.com
   phone: *234-816-866-7523, +234-802-291-2202
   skype: sfolayan
    fcbk: www.facebook.com/sfolayan
   tweet: sfolayan
linkedin: sfolayan