[afnog] JUNIPER EX2200 PoE problem giving power to devices!

Fabian Jr afabbie at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 24 13:13:14 UTC 2015

dear all

we have the above switches and yesterday we experienced a big thunder blow out which brown some of our equipment.

all Juniper EX2200 PoE swithces are not giving power to AVAYA Phone handset,

the show poe controller command shows this:

admin at DAR-ANS-ASW01> show poe controller
Controller  Maximum   Power         Guard    Management  Status
index       power     consumption   band
   0        405.00W   1460.22W*      15W                 AT_MODE
  *Total power consumption exceeds recommended maximum power allowable.
  Use 'show poe interface' to check the port(s) that are drawing more power than allowed.

is there a work around ?

pls. assist

thank you,

Arbogast Fabian,