[afnog] Routing resilience manifesto and beyond

Loganaden Velvindron loganaden at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 14:44:57 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 2:35 PM, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:

> On 15/Dec/15 12:34, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>

>> I decided to test the local ISPs in Mauritius starting with Orange,
>> which has the largest number of subscribers.
>>
>> It appears that Orange implements BCP-38 ! Other ISPs still need to be
>> tested for their compliance level.
>
> Good for Orange.
>
> If you can share your test methodologies on the list, others might be
> motivated to test their providers.
>
> Mark.

I've set the modem on bridge mode, and downloaded the source code from here:

http://spoofer.caida.org/

Then, I ran it as root.

The reason as to why you should set the modem in bridge mode, is that
some Linux-based modems might rewrite/block the spoofed packets. Then,
I connected my laptop using a PPPoE client, and it worked.

Once you're done, spoofer will output a URL, and you can have a look
at all of the tests, and their results.

e.g of my first attempt here:
http://spoofer.caida.org/report.php?sessionkey=iphi5463esezvx