[afnog] SAFNO-2: Call for Papers Now Open
mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Feb 5 12:50:40 UTC 2015
The Southern Africa Network Operators Group (SAFNOG)
Mbabane, Swaziland 7 April - 8 April, 2015
CALL FOR PAPERS
The SAFNOG 2014 Programme Committee is now seeking contributions for
Presentations and Tutorials for SAFNOG 2015.
We are looking for presenters who would:
- Offer a technical tutorial on an appropriate topic;
- Participate in the technical conference sessions as a speaker;
- Convene and chair panel sessions of relevant topics.
Please submit on-line at:
Call for Papers Opens 5 February, 2015
First Draft Program Published 7 March, 2015
Final Deadline for Submissions 30 March, 2015
Final Program Published 3 April, 2014
Final Slides Received 5 April, 201
The SAFNOG Programme Committee is organised in three parts, including
workshops, tutorials and the conference.
Topics for tutorials and the conference must be relevant to Internet
Operations and Technologies:
- IPv4 / IPv6 Routing and operations
- IPv6 deployment and transition technologies
- Internet backbone operations
- ISP and Carrier services
- IXPs and Peering
- Research on Internet Operations and Deployment
- The African Internet
- Network security issues (NSP-SEC, DDoS, Anti-Spam, Anti-Malware)
- DNS / DNSSEC
- Internet policy (Security, Regulation, Content Management, Addressing,
- Access and Transport Technologies, including Cable/DSL, 3G/LTE,
wireless, metro ethernet, fibre, MPLS
- Content & Service Delivery (Multicast, Voice, Video, "telepresence",
Gaming) and Cloud Computing
Draft slides for both tutorials and conference sessions MUST be provided
with CfP submissions otherwise the Programme Committee will be unable to
review the submission. For work in progress, the most current
information available at time of submission is acceptable.
All draft and complete slides must be submitted in PDF format only.
Final slides are to be provided by the specified deadline for
publication on the SAFNOG website.
Prospective presenters should note that the majority of speaking slots
will be filled well before the final submission deadline. The Programme
Committee will retain a limited number of slots up to the final
submission deadline for presentations that are exceptionally timely,
important, or of critical operational importance.
Please submit on-line at:
Any questions or concerns should be addressed to the Programme Committee
co-chairs by e-mail at:
safnog-pc-chairs at safnog.org <http://safnog.org/>
We look forward to receiving your presentation proposals.
SAFNOG Programme Committee.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the afnog