[afnog] naming conventions

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Feb 20 10:44:57 UTC 2015

On 20/Feb/15 11:33, Saul wrote:

> Thanks for the input.
>
> We’re a national ISP, so cities in a country, (well known DCs and our
> own) and pops in buildings in funny locations

So maybe the latter is more your thing.

Ultimately, come up with a codification mechanism that applies to your
business, which can be understood and supported not only by your
planning teams, but also by your operations, sales and business
development teams.

When they network scales, a lot of the choice about where to go will
come mostly from other business departments than the planning teams. So
they'll need to understand the strategy you came up with.