[afnog] afnog Digest, Vol 136, Issue 16

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Tue Jul 28 11:29:51 UTC 2015

There may be a huge temporary file - "du" will not see it.. a Reboot may
fix that. Either sitting in /tmp or under /var somewhere...
(A file can be created, opened, then removed. Whilst its still open, eg
for logging, its still using space - even if you can't actually see it
in the file system)

(How long has your machine been "up")

Your /var directory is pretty big... may be a log file or two that you
can truncate to zero size
eg..

# >bigfile.log

(that really is a temporary fix though)

Also give the info Daniel suggests...

--
Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje at posix.co.za       Tel: +27.128070590  Cell: +27.826010496