[afnog] RPKI

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Jul 31 07:53:24 UTC 2015

On 31/Jul/15 09:50, Saul wrote:

> So ultimately, how stable/reliable is the RPKI system/policy implementation?
> Or is the system fine, but AFRNICs systems aren't?

We've been running reliably for 2x years now.

Admittedly, our validator is querying all the known TA's. So there is a
reasonable amount of de-risking.

The AFRINIC system has had its ups and down, but nothing I'd call
serious at this stage. The issue would become more serious if we ever
migrate to a single TA model that rules them all, I imagine.

My main concern is more on router code than the TA's/RIR's, at this
stage. But that's just me...