[afnog] Sources of Information on ccTLD Statistics

Abdillahi Bihi Hussein abdullahi.behi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 19:24:07 UTC 2015

Dear colleagues,

I have been searching for information on ccTLD registrant statistics for a
research project I am involved in. This information is readily available
for some ccTLDs from the registry website such as information on .KE from
KENIC <http://www.kenic.or.ke/domain-statistics/ke-statistics>. However,
other ccTLDs do not publish that information for their own reasons.

I would like to know if there are other sources for up-to-date ccTLD
registrant statistics as well as historical records of such numbers (for
previous years), especially on those ccTLDs that do not publish this
information.

I understand that each ccTLD organization has its own policies; but are
their any transparency requirements by ICANN, the regional registries or
any other body that oversees/regulates ccTLD operations (government
agencies not counted here)?

Thanks.

--
Abdullahi Bihi Hussein