[afnog] Importing routes from one VRF to another VRF in juniper

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Jun 12 14:27:45 UTC 2015

On 12/Jun/15 11:27, ibtisam jamal wrote:
> Hi Colleagues,
>
> I have 2 VRFs .
>
> On one VRF I am learning BGP routes from an external AS .I need to
> send these routes to another VRF within my AS.
>
> Please advice on the Best way to do this.

You would have to use RIB Groups. Here is a good place to start:

http://forums.juniper.net/t5/TheRoutingChurn/Using-rib-groups-or-auto-export-for-route-leaking/ba-p/202349

You might also want to look at this:

https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/juniper-nsp/2015-January/029846.html

I don't typically do VRF imports/exports, mostly because it is complex.
I use BGP communities for this. However, I have done VRF imports/exports
for Management access for things like CPE, e.t.c. But this has mostly
all been on Cisco.

The concept is similar on Junos, just a little more verbose in
configuration syntax.