[afnog] Difference between mac address on interface and mac address in the arp table

Christian M chrismuhirwa at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 31 15:20:54 UTC 2015

Hello,this is to give an update on this issue.In the end, the ADM were not fully inter-operable on Ethernet over SDH, we decided to use pure SDH.
Thank you Mark for your support.

From: chrismuhirwa at hotmail.com
To: mark.tinka at seacom.mu; afnog at afnog.org
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 17:56:13 +0200
Subject: Re: [afnog] Difference between mac address on interface and mac address in the arp table

It's a physical interface. but as you saw on the ARP table I sent earlier, the same MAC address appears also on other L3 physical interface. Is this normal or the should pick up the MAC address on the interface?