[afnog] Internet Traffic distribution management

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Sep 29 12:03:48 UTC 2015

On 29/Sep/15 11:37, Frank Kuse wrote:

> Hello Mark,
>
> Currently we don't have capacity on our Core for STM64 and however
> having multiple STM16 also gives us good resilience.

What is your topology?

Are you running long SDH circuits from your main base to some other
country where you're buying IP Transit, type-thing, or are you
purchasing IP locally within country?

If the former, do you have your own routers in the remote country?

> Our internet capacity is increasing everyday and even though we have
> plan to upgrade our core routers this year.

So is the current issue the link size, or the routers needed to support
your ultimate link size?

> We will still have the issues of dealing with two cable providers but
> multiple internet peers and having to load balance in this same manner
> and hence a solution hunt being pursued now..

Are these 8x providers all upstreams, peers, or a combination? If the
all upstreams, do you do any kind of peering anywhere in your network?