[afnog] IPv6 Native Mass Market Deployment arrives in Kenya!

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Aug 12 10:06:44 UTC 2016

Hi Andrew.

Many congratulations. This is, indeed, a major step, and for me, the
first of its kind in eastern and southern Africa (mostly because I'm not
sure how far this is going in northern and western Africa - otherwise
I'd say the whole of Africa).

I've been challenging a number of broadband ISP's and MNO's in Africa in
recent years to put a lot more focus and energy in getting consumers
IPv6-enabled, so to hear that Liquid have succeeded in doing this in
Kenya is very good news, indeed!

It would be good to hear of challenges specifically around customer
devices picking up IPv6 addresses, and potentially running into Happy
Eyeball issues if at all. If you can share that as your experience
grows, it would tell a good story.

Once again, good work, Andrew and your team! I'm quite impressed to hear
this!

Mark.