[afnog] IPv6 Native Mass Market Deployment arrives in Kenya!

Adiel Akplogan adiel at akplogan.com
Sat Aug 13 16:54:36 UTC 2016

> Yesterday, Liquid Telecom turned on IPv6 to all its Kenyan home users using GPON and our FTTH / FTTB products.  This was done in such a way that the customers didn’t need to configure anything themselves to enable it, it was just there

Congratulation in order to Liquid Telecom team for this very encouraging achievement.  We hope many ISPs in the region and beyond will have the courage to make the move.

Obviously, more we will have real life mass deployment of IPv6 by ISPs on their customer network easier it will be to demystify IPv6 and increase pressure on equipment vendors  to get out of their comfort zone simply considering IPv6 as today' standard protocol of the Internet when designing their devices or planing for their firmware upgrade.

- a.