[afnog] A heads up on a nasty IPv6 bug

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Sun Aug 14 14:40:54 UTC 2016

On the static stuff, it depends how you do it.

If you are automatically allocating usernames for PPPoE authentication its relatively simple to tie that username provisioning to static assignments.

As an example, if your username ends in a numeric on your auto provisioning system its relatively simple to use some basic maths and hex conversion to produce a static subnet that’s tied.

With regards to the subnet issue on the RA, I’ll respond to that later, though perhaps Jan would also like to make some comments on this, since his understanding of it is admittedly better than mine until I do more testing and labbing

Andrew