[afnog] IPv6 for residential customers in Mauritius

Loganaden Velvindron loganaden at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 11:42:04 UTC 2016

[Speaking for myself]

Dear All,

I've been working closely with Orange for IPv6 deployment in Mauritius
for residential customers together with a small team of volunteers
including SM, Duksh & Yogesh. Orange has been offering ipv6 for a long time
IPv6 but only to business customers.

The main concerns with residential customers are:
1) Support for IPv6 in the CPE (untested)
2) BRAS equipment (not configured and not tested)

I have a 30Mbit/s (FTTH) at home and just a few moments ago, we were
able to get my home router to get IPv6 via DHCPv6-PD with the Huawei
HG8245H modem. For now, we are using a /64. There are still a few
issues that need to be fixed, but it's going in the right direction.

Lastly, huge thanks to SM, who helped me debug an issue when I bridged
the huawei modem for ipv6, and used my tp-link archer c7.