[afnog] RFC's Author

Loganaden Velvindron loganaden at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 17:36:54 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jan 3, 2016 at 4:33 PM, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Mathias,
>
> There is usually no one with the tag RFCs author, it all depends on
> interest. There are sure people who have written rfc before from Africa, but
> again they wrote them in their area of interest and expertise.

SM wrote more than one RFC, and is also very active in reviewing
Internet Drafts. An important RFC that SM wrote is this one:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7479

This RFC is implemented in new releases of OpenSSH. It's also
interesting, as it's the first successful effort to allocate a code
point number to an algorithm which is not yet standardised in the
IETF:

https://www.iana.org/assignments/dns-sshfp-rr-parameters/dns-sshfp-rr-parameters.xhtml

In my humble opinion, it is a significant contribution from our region
to the IETF.

Kind regards,