[afnog] recherche information sur FAI modele associatif

Loganaden Velvindron loganaden at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 12:55:20 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 3:59 PM, Mathias HOUNGBO <mathias at houngbo.net>
wrote:

> Bonsoir à tous / Hello all
>
> je suis à la recherche d'information sur des textes de lois, ou des
> initiatives de FAI sur le modèle associative.
> I'm looking for information about law texts, or ISP initiatives on the
> associative model.

Hi Mathias,

I happen to have a friend who works on "Community ISP". He is planning to
launch an initiative in Mauritius to provide ISP services to far away
villages, where there are too few potential customer clients to justify
laying down fiber for "BIG" ISPs. In many cases, the quality of the
telephone lines is quite bad already. The big ISP is not interested in
replacing the defective copper lines. Here is a link:
https://www.diyisp.org/dokuwiki/doku.php. I suggest subscribing to the
mailing list.