[afnog] NAT64 for Dual Stacking!

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Sat May 14 23:23:35 UTC 2016

--- mark.tinka at seacom.mu wrote:
From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu>
On 14/May/16 09:35, Scott Weeks wrote:

> Hmm, I didn't see anywhere it said that.  All
> I saw was "We are looking into way we can
> gradually deploy IPv6 in our network…" and the
> subject "NAT64 for Dual Stacking!".
>
> When he said "We are looking into way we can
> gradually deploy IPv6 in our network…" I did
> what you said; assumed he had a functioning
> IPv4 network and wanted to find a way to
> deploy IPv6.

In 2016, any advice I'd offer to an operator is
to assume (new) customers will only be able to
obtain IPv6 address space.

Not assuming that is setting one's self up for
an eventful future.

Ok, advice taken.  What I read was "We are
looking into way we can gradually deploy IPv6
in our network…".  This caused me to assume
there was a functioning IPv4 network and that
the OP wanted to roll out Iv6.  I guess I
should've clarified that there was a fully
functioning IPv4 network first and not assumed
it.

scott