[afnog] AFNOG track content

Sami Salih sami.salih at outlook.com
Mon Oct 3 18:17:05 UTC 2016

++

I want to confirm that our ICT community really benefit from the very basics sessions provided by Foreigner (I'm really sorry to use this word) instructors and few local supporters in the 1st version of SdNOG, during the year those young participant was actively involved with SdNOG team to redistribute their knowledge in formal/un-formal manner including workshops, group discussions in their perspective communities, and of course via mailing list. this build the people network which is the ultimate goal of such initiatives.

However as the community get matured the session conducted at the main conference i.e. SdNOG has been upgraded, if not it will be very boring and the continuity of the initiative may negatively affected. Also in the last session (SdNOG 3) the local instructors provide a considerable amount of the sessions comprising to the previous versions , very good indicator but more effort is need and new faces must show up.

to conclude, yes basic training sessions are highly appreciated , but you need to put a plan to scale it up.

BR

Dr. Sami H.O. Salih
Assistant Prof, School of Electronics Engineering, SUST
Head of R&D, NTC, SUDAN
President of SDv6TF
T/F: (249)122045707/187171355